The Song Writing & Recording Workshop provides students with the opportunity to:
- Learn Songwriting Techniques
- Write, Perform and Record an Original Song for a CD
- Perform their Original Songs at the Band Session Benefit Concert
- Open to youth ages 10 to 18.
- Open to currently enrolled Plugged In students as well as students not enrolled in the current Plugged In band session.
- Plugged In – 40 Freeman Place, Needham, MA 02492.
- Saturday, December 29, 2018
- Sunday , December 30, 2018
- Day 1: 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Day 2: 2-Hour Shift per Group (between 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.)
Tuition & Payment Tuition
- $175.00 per student.
- Payment Options: cash, check, credit card, or scholarship.
Day 1: 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- On the first day, a representative from the charity (which will be benefiting from the profits of the Benefit Concert) will talk with the students about their organization and its work. By acquiring a deeper understanding of the cause, the experience of performing in the concert often becomes more meaningful for the students. Later in the day, students will break into groups, led by professional songwriters, and write songs based on their reactions to what they have learned and/or on any subject of their choice.
Day 2: 2-Hour Shift per Group (between 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.)
- On the second day, we will spend time at Plugged In in a mobile recording studio, where a recording will be made of the students performing their original songs. The recordings will then be sold to raise money for the charity.