Rock Band Class (Fall / Spring Sessions)
Fall and Spring Sessions
Plugged In’s rock band program is offered two times each school year
- Fall Session: September 20, 2019 – January 19, 2020
- Spring Session: February 24, 2020 – June 14, 2020
- Each band class consists of 4-6 students and 1 teacher and is comprised of drums, guitar, bass, vocals and can also include keyboards, and even horns.
- Students learn to play their individual instruments, develop a set list, perform in front of all sizes of audiences, and to work as a group, all with guidance from our trained teaching staff.
- Band sets can include original material and/or cover songs chosen by the students.
- Classes meet once per week for 1.5 hours and are offered 7 days a week.
- Classes are scheduled at a time that works for the band members.
End of Session Live Performance
- Students spend the 14-week session developing their sets and their skills in preparation for the benefit concert at the end of the session.
- Every band performs in a 3-day showcase of talent that runs Friday evening, Saturday evening, and Sunday afternoon.
Tuition and Payment
Tuition for Band Class is $700.00.
- Tuition is due at the time of registration.
- Tuition can be paid via cash, check, credit card, or scholarship.
- Registrants can submit payment online via credit card once they have submitted their completed registration form.
- If you prefer to pay by check or cash please mail your payment to:
Plugged In – Band Class Payment
40 Freeman Place
Needham, MA 02492
- Partial and full scholarships are available.
- For questions regarding scholarship, or to apply, send an e -mail to email@example.com.
- 50% of the tuition will be refunded if student withdraws prior to the fourth week of class.
- Any student withdrawing on or after the fourth week of class will not be eligible for a refund.
Register Now for Band Class
If you encounter any issues or have any questions regarding the registration forms, please email Plugged In at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New student registration has two parts:
- Registration Form
- New Student Meeting
- New students have not completed their registration until both their registration form and student meeting are complete.
New Student Meetings
Community Engage Evening
- The core mission of Plugged In is to empower our students to make a positive change in their world with music.
- Plugged In starts this process at our Community Engage Evening.
- This is an event where Plugged In students decide how they are going to give back to their community.
- Community Engage brings our students together to present and discuss different charities and causes they feel deserve to be recognized for the good work they do.
- At the end of the evening, students vote to determine the charitable organization that will be honored at the benefit concert at the end of the session.
Performances and Events
Community Events During Session
- Typically there are between 2 and 6 performance opportunities throughout each session at events such as the Needham Business Association Street Fair, Needham Farmers Market, and more.
- These performances take place throughout Needham and the surrounding communities and are the perfect opportunity for students to perform live.
End of Session Concert
- Each Band Class session ends with a Session Concert to benefit the charity picked at the Community Engage Evening.
- The Concert is held over three days (Friday – Sunday). Each band member receives a T-shirt commemorating the concert.
Private Music Lessons
Music Lesson Details
- Vocal, guitar, bass guitar, drums, and keyboard/piano lessons available. All skill levels welcome.
- One hour or half-hour lessons scheduled weekly in 4 week blocks or 8 week blocks.
- Private lessons can be started at anytime throughout the year.
- Private lessons take place in one of our private lesson rooms at 40 Freeman Place, Needham, MA 02492.
- Lessons are held seven days a week depending on each instructor’s availability.
- $60.00 for a One-Hour Lesson
- $35.00 for a Half-Hour Lesson
Plugged In’s goal is to provide access to all of our programming to any student regardless of their ability to pay. Unfortunately there are currently no scholarships available for private lessons.
Sign up for 8 Weeks and Get One Week Free!
- When registering simply select the 8-week option
- The free week is reflected in the price of this option.
- Private music instruction is recommended for all musicians, regardless of skill level.
- Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced musician, private lessons provide the personal attention that gets students playing better, faster.
- Students work one-on-one with one of our Berklee College of Music trained music teachers learning drums, bass, guitar, keyboards or vocals.
- Each of our Berklee trained Teaching Staff have years of training on their instruments and as private instructors teaching students of all ages and skill levels.
- Our Staff, chosen for their teaching ability and their adaptability, ensure all of our students feel comfortable yet challenged.
- You may select the instructor you feel would be the best fit for your student, or Plugged In will use its extensive experience to match you to the perfect instructor.
- Visit the Instructors Page to read bios of our music instructors and to pick the perfect instructor for you.
Register Now for Private Music Lessons
- Vocal, guitar, bass, drum and keyboard lessons available. All skill levels welcome.
- All students participating in private instruction must register prior to requesting their first lesson.
- Private lesson registration is always open and is independent of other programming.
- To request a lesson, first visit our Instructors Page and decide which instructor you prefer.
- Once you’ve picked an instructor, please register by clicking the link below.
- If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 781-444-1879.
Private Lesson Registration Page
Cancellation / Refund Policy
- If a student cancels their lesson MORE than 24 hours before their scheduled lesson, they can reschedule a make-up lesson. Re-scheduled lessons will be scheduled as normal, based on the student’s and teacher’s availability.
- If a student cancels their lesson LESS than 24 hours before their scheduled lesson time, then they will NOT be offered a make-up class.
- No refunds will be provided for private instruction.
Summer Day Camp: “Music That Matters”
Plugged In’s Music That Matters (“MTM”) Summer Day Camp includes all the most popular parts of our Fall and Spring Sessions, including:
- Band Class
- Songwriting Workshops
- Offsite Events
- Performance Opportunities
MTM is open to musicians ages 11 to 18.
MTM takes place at Plugged In – 40 Freeman Place, Needham, MA 02492.
- Session 1: 2-week session from
- Session 2: 2-Week Session from .
Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition: $1400.00 per student per 2-week session.
- Late Pick-Up Fee: $30.00 per hour (Available from 3:00pm to 5:00pm Monday through Friday).
Register Now for Summer Day Camp
Camp Size Limit
- Each Summer Session is limited to 25 students.
- Registration closes when the 25-student-limit is met.
- New student registration has two parts:
- Registration Form
- New Student Meeting
- New students have not completed their registration until both their Registration Form and New Student Meeting are complete.
New Student Meeting Info
- New Student Meetings are scheduled by calling 781-444-1879 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This meeting is NOT an audition!
- At this meeting, we will get to know the student better to ensure proper band placement.
- We encourage new students to complete their registration forms prior to their new student meeting.
Typical Camp Day
Band Class: 1.5 Hours Daily
- Each band has 4-6 students and 1 teacher and is comprised of drums, guitar, bass, and vocals.
- Bands can also accommodate keyboards and horns.
- Teachers work with their bands on developing a set of songs to perform at the concert.
- The material performed by the bands is chosen by the students, with guidance from the teacher.
- Teachers help their students learn cover songs and/or develop original material.
Workshops: 1.5 Hours Daily
- Workshop topics include:
- Music Theory
- Lyric Writing
- Music for Social Change
- Music Video Storyboarding and Editing
- Workshops are taught by Plugged In’s expertly trained staff and/or special guest teachers.
Performances and Events: 2 Times Weekly (Duration Varies)
Students participate in performances and events multiple times during the summer session, including:
- Community Engage
- One of the most important aspects of Plugged In is the emphasis placed on using music to better the world.
- Plugged In models this concept by turning the “recital” at the end of each session into a benefit concert for a charity chosen by the students.
- Our students choose that charity at Community Engage!
- Harvard Square Busking
- Students bring their music straight to the public during this offsite performance.
- Busking gives our students a unique and fun performance experience.
- Summer Benefit Concert
- This is the performance we work so hard for each session!
- Students perform with their bands for friends and family while raising awareness and funds for the charity of their choice.
- We’ll also watch and discuss some important movies about music and social justice.
- We’ll even make a music video of our own from start to finish – all in ways that you can easily recreate when you need to make a video for your next band.
2 Day Songwriting and Recording Workshop
- Plugged In is offering a 2-day songwriting workshop on May 25 & 26 for all skill levels (beginners included).
- On the first day, students will learn about the charitable organization for which the Plugged In fall session concert will be raising money. Students will then be placed in groups led by Plugged In teachers. Each teacher will help their group write and original song about the charitable organization or about any subject that the group chooses.
- On the second day, each group will record their song. Recordings of all the songs will be posted to the Plugged In Bandcamp site to raise money and awareness for the charitable organization.
- Ages 10-18
- Plugged In – 40 Freeman Place, Needham, MA 02492.
- Day 1: 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Day 2: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (*Students will be scheduled in four and a half hour blocks between 11:00am and 8:00pm.)
- $175 per person for the 2 days.
- Payment Options: credit card
Register Now for Songwriting and Recording Workshop
- The fee for this program is $175 per person and is due at time of registration.
- Payments can be made via credit card.