We had a blast at Plugged In’s first online open mic. In fact it went so well and we had such a good time, we’ve decided to make these a weekly event until things return to normal. And this time we’ve invited current students, Plugged In teachers, and Plugged In alumni. We hope you’ll join us this weekend to make some music #togetherathome.
Pop-up Online Open Mic
Saturday – 4/4
Join remotely via Zoom. Information about how to connect has been emailed to all current students and alumni.
We followed a few basic rules during our first online open mic that really helped things run smoothly.
– Performers must sign up by adding their name to the open mic signup sheet (in email to parents and students).
– Performers can sign up in the days before the open mic or during it as long as slots remain.
– Performers are signing up based on order NOT on performance time.
– Performers must be ready to go when they’re called. If they are not they will be moved to the end of the list.
– The host will mute all attendees during performances. Attendees can unmute after each set to applaud and cheer the performers on.
– Attendees can communicate with everyone via the chat function in our Zoom room.
– Performances are solo unless you have other musicians at your physical location. It is too tricky to have multiple performers from multiple locations play without additional technical support.
– Limit of 2 songs for each performance.
– The end time of the open-mic is flexible. We will keep it going as long as we have performers or until 9:30p whichever comes first.
Performers can play songs solo or to a track. Performers can read poetry, tell us their favorite G-rated jokes, or dance. Even if you don’t want to perform we encourage you to join and watch! We hope to “see” you there.