Online Open Mic for Students and Alumni
Saturday – 5/23
Join remotely via Zoom. Information about how to connect has been emailed to all current students and alumni.
We followed a few basic rules during our first online open mic that really helped things run smoothly.
– Performers must sign up by adding their name to the open mic signup sheet (in email to parents and students).
– Performers can sign up in the days before the open mic or during it as long as slots remain.
– Performers are signing up based on order NOT on performance time.
– Performers must be ready to go when they’re called. If they are not they will be moved to the end of the list.
– The host will mute all attendees during performances. Attendees can unmute after each set to applaud and cheer the performers on.
– Attendees can communicate with everyone via the chat function in our Zoom room.
– Performances are solo unless you have other musicians at your physical location. It is too tricky to have multiple performers from multiple locations play without additional technical support.
– Limit of 2 songs for each performance.
– Performers can sign up for additional slots once everyone who wants to perform has done so.
– The end time of the open-mic is flexible. We will keep it going as long as we have performers or until 9:30p whichever comes first.
Performers can play songs solo or to a track. Performers can read poetry, tell us their favorite G-rated jokes, or dance. Even if you don’t want to perform we encourage you to join and watch! We hope to “see” you there.